Monday 28 April 2014

Concrete, Crows and Calluses – Talk in Huddersfield 7th May


I will be giving a talk about my psychogeographical practice on 7th May at Huddersfield University at 4.15pm. The event is free but you need to book here: eventbrite

While the talk has the same title as my book Concrete, Crows and Calluses it isn’t based on the book but is rather an overview of how I use psychogeography as a method of critiquing urban space and revealing the hidden in the postmodern terrain. The talk will include discussion on my methodology, examples of walks and the output of these explorations, such as maps and films. It is aimed at anyone interested in: urban walking, urban space, the Situationists, social history, cartography, architecture, etc. There is further information on the above link.

Below I have included a couple of taster slides:


Axis of Exploration and Failure in the Search for a Situationist ‘Great Passage’ Guy Debord


St George’s Field, The University of Leeds

No comments:

Post a Comment